How Does McAfee Antivirus Software Work?
McAfee Antivirus is a holistic cybersecurity solution meant for unrelenting, user-centric protection. It offers best-of-the-breed security cover that is available for most of the commonly available Computing Devices. This laser-sharp mcafee total protection software scans your system for existing and upcoming digital threats. It allows you to schedule or perform Scans for threat detection and elimination.
Factors That Assist In Performing McAfee Antivirus Software Functions
➩ The Virus Database
McAfee Antivirus is able to serve its users with unbeatable security on account of an extensive Virus Database. For this purpose, it maintains a full-fledged Virus Database that is updated on real-time basis. The software uses an automatic web crawler to scan the Internet. With this, it identifies online threats by their Name, Type and Destructive Capabilities. This vast database allows McAfee Software to easily detect and remove these threats with utmost efficiency.
➩ The Firewall
Firewalls protect your Network from ever-evolving digital threats. Therefore, any cybersecurity solution is vulnerable to online threats in the absence of a robust firewall protection. But, McAfee provides an all-round protection which includes a laser-sharp firewall shield. This state-of-the-art firewall shield is backed by its up-to-date virus database. Both layers of protection work hand-in-hand for unrelenting security cover.
➩ The Virus Scan Utility
McAfee Antivirus is packed with effective features like Virus Scan Utility. This feature is capable of efficiently searching every file of your Computer. It detects and compiles all the malware and malicious software. Once the Scan is complete, it allows you to remove all the detected threats. This feature also depends on its up-to-date Virus Database.
Procedure To Run McAfee Antivirus Scan on your Computer
- Locate the McAfee Antivirus Software that you have Installed on your Computer.
- Right-click on it’s icon to open it.
- On the following Menu Box, select the “Check For Updates” option. Install the available Updates properly to keep it up-to-date.
- Once again, right-click on McAfee.
- Now, click on “Open McAfee Antivirus”.
- Next, you must click on the “Virus and Spyware Protection” section to expand it.
- Thereafter, click on “Scan Your PC”.
- As a result, the Scan Options Panel will open up.
- The following window provides a list of available Scan Options. It gives you the options of Full Scan, Quick Scan or Custom Scan. Hence, make a choice as per your Security Needs. However, choosing Full Scan is the best option for complete security.
- Therefore, click on the selected Scan to initiate the McAfee Scan on your Computer.
- On the next window, you will get the progress of McAfee Antivirus Scan on a real-time basis. Since the process may take upto 45 minutes. As such, you will have to wait for its completion.
- Thereafter, you will get a Notification with a Status Summary. Click “Done” to complete the process.
- Then, close this window for McAfee Antivirus.
- Finally, Restart your System.